Members can apply for a grant under the following criteria.
You may view the full criteria and Terms & Conditions here
1. The applicant has been a member of the Association for at least six consecutive months prior to making the application (save that this requirement may be waived in circumstances of exceptional and manifest need at the discretion of the Executive Committee); and
2. The grant is to be applied (directly or indirectly) for the benefit of residents of Jersey or their family; and
3. The grant is to be applied to a charitable purpose; and
4. The applicant has displayed a sufficient need for such grant (see below for definition of need).
For the avoidance of doubt the Association defines a charitable purpose as one for:
The advancement of education;
The advancement of religion;
The relief of or research into ill health; or
Any other purpose of benefit to the community not falling within the preceding heads.
Applications for grants will only be accepted where they meet the following conditions:
1. The application is received on or before the deadline date for submitting applications for the next meeting of the Committee (as publicised on the Association's website); and
2. The application form is (in the opinion of the Committee) properly completed; and
3. All papers in support of the application have been provided with the application in a form acceptable to the Committee on or before the deadline date. For the purchase of goods or services, 2 quotations are required up to a value of £9,999 and 3 quotes over £10,000.
Furthermore, the Administrator must be in receipt of your annual subscription and Annual Return.
- Once the application has been submitted, it will be placed in the "Private Members Area" for viewing by Members only prior to the next meeting in order for Members to comment on the application
- After the next meeting of the committee at which your application is to be considered, you will be contacted by letter confirming the outcome. If unsuccessful, full reasons will be given
- If successful, payment will ordinarily be paid directly to the bank account of the Member charity on production of final invoices/statements/contracts etc - the Administrator will liaise with you on this point
- Acknowledgement of receipt of funds will be required
- We are bound by a Service Level Agreement with the Economic Development Ministry to audit a percentage of grants awarded and may contact you in this respect
- A Post Project Completion Report must be supplied on completion of the project
- We encourage all Members who have been awarded grants togive publicity to the AJC where ever possible
- Should you have any problems with this process please contact the Administrator