Applications for grants from the Association of Jersey Charities are only accepted from existing members. Members may apply for grants up to a maximum of £30,000 each year.
To qualify for a grant:
1. The applicant has been a member of the Association for at least six consecutive months prior to making the application (save that this requirement may be waived in circumstances of exceptional and manifest need at the discretion of the Executive Committee); and
2. The grant is to be applied (directly or indirectly) for the benefit of residents of Jersey or their family; and
3. The grant is to be applied to a charitable purpose; and
4. The applicant has displayed a sufficient need for such grant (see below for definition of need).
For the avoidance of doubt the Association defines a charitable purpose as one for:
• The advancement of education;
• The advancement of religion;
• The relief of or research into ill health; or
• Any other purpose of benefit to the community not falling within the preceding heads.
Applications for grants will only be accepted where they meet the following conditions:
1. The application is received on or before the deadline date for submitting applications for the next meeting of the Committee (as publicised on the Association’s website); and
2. The application form is (in the opinion of the Committee) properly completed; and
3. All papers and information in support of the application have been provided with the application in a form acceptable to the Committee on or before the deadline date. Including 2 quotes where goods and services are being applied for up to £9,999 and 3 quotes for grant requests of £10,000 and more.
Furthermore, the Administrator must be in receipt of your annual subscription and Annual Return.
Any grant not claimed against in a two year period will be cancelled and returned to the general pot for redistribution, save those grants where an incremental payment plan has been agreed.
Please note that this online form cannot be saved. To ensure you do not lose data already input, type your answers into a Word document and copy and paste the data into the form once you are satisfied with your answers, and submit immediately. A copy of the completed form will come back to the email address entered on the form for you to print, sign and send in with your supporting documents. It is this paper version that must be with the Administrator by the deadline date.- DO NOT PRINT THE SCREEN, WAIT FOR THE EMAIL AFTER SUBMITTING THE FORM.