These free workshops have been designed especially for AJC members and their work in the voluntary sector. It is important for ALL member charities to send a representative to one of these workshops, even if you are a very small operation with only volunteers. It is the responsibility of the committee to ensure 'safe recruitment', therefore it should be the CEO/chairman or other committee member who attends. This workshop is relevant to everyone that you bring on board to your charity, including your committee/officers. Whether you use a set recruiting procedure, or it is more informal - ALL staff and volunteers within a member charity will at some point come in to contact with 'people at risk'.
Choice of Date/Venue:
• Wednesday April 27th, 5.30 to 8.30, Elim Rock Community Centre, Gordon Le Breton Close, Plat Douet
• Tuesday May 3rd, 9.30 to 12.30, Jersey Hospice Care Training Centre
• Thursday 5th May, 1.30 to 4.30, Jersey Hospice Care Training Centre
The course covers the importance of Safe Recruitment and provides clear guidance in respect of the recruitment and selection process for people who will work with people at risk in our community. This will help deter, reject or identify people who are unsuitable to work with people at risk.
Participants at this workshop will:
• Understand who the Safe Recruitment policy applies to:
o Job applicants
o Existing employees
o Agency staff
o Third party suppliers and commissioned services
• Identify the roles and responsibilities of recruiting managers and the interview panel
• Understand how to plan for the recruitment and selection process
• Understand how to structure an interview; question appropriately and document interview
• Understand the vetting and checking process
o Identity checks
o Disclosure and Barring Service checks
o Verification of Qualifications
o Reference Checks
o Previous employment history
Mary Curtis is a Director of Calmera Business Consultancy which offers HR advice and training to the not-for-profit; public and private sector. Mary has held senior HR and L&D roles both in the UK and Jersey and has vast experience in delivering recruitment and selection training, including safe recruitment.
Please contact the administrator to book your place
The Association of Jersey Charities is pleased to provide a talk focusing on the work of Jersey Environmental Health, presented by Environmental Health Officer (EHO) Alan M Irving
Environmental Health is part of the Public Health Directorate which is part of Health & Social Services.
The session will cover
- Housing defects; including Damp and Mould, Asbestos, Carbon Monoxide, dangerous steps inside and out, Disrepair, Crowding and Space, Rats and other rodents & Unhygienic sanitary bathroom facilities
- Statutory Nuisances (Jersey Law) 1999
- What you can do, how can you refer a client and how to make contact with the Team
There will be an opportunity at the end for any questions.
St Paul's Centre, Thursday 14th April 2016, between 11.00am and 12 pm
For further information and to book your seat please contact the administrator or call 840138
Social Networking & E-Fundraising: Tuesday 15th March 2016 9.30am to 1.00pm JHC Training Centre
This basic introduction to social networking, aimed at novices will look at how blogs, forums and sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin could benefit your organisation. This course looks at:
• Emails and On line newsletters, tribute funds and online in memorial fundraising
• Search engine optimisation, the importance of key words, Banner adverts/Google grants
• Fundraising web sites/giving portals and listings i.e. Wikipedia, Ebay, Amazon
• Integration and development of an online strategic plan
So if you want some ideas about improving your online presence, increasing your profile and integrating social networking with your marketing/fundraising strategy, then come along and find out more!
Please note: this is an overview, for example we will not be looking at the nitty gritty mechanics of setting up a face book page - as it’s not a technical training course.
Please contact the administrator to book your place.