Agenda of 46th AGM 13th July 2017
1. Welcome and apologies
2. To approve the minutes of the 45th Annual General Meeting held on 7th July 2016.
3. To receive the annual report from the Chairman
4. To receive the annual report from the Treasurer and presentation of the audited accounts for the year ended 31st March 2017
5. To reappoint the auditors, Bracken Rothwell
6. Election of Officers:
Stephanie Duke and Hugh Munro will be standing down as committee members
To elect the following Officers
6.2 Deputy Chairman
6.5 Publicity Officer
6.6 One additional Officer as ordinary Committee Member
The Committee are nominating the following persons for the following posts
a) Liz Le Poidevin, for the position of Chairman
b) Advocate Andrew Pinel for the position of Deputy Chairman
c) Marie du Feu for the position of Treasurer
d) Simon Larbalestier for the position of Honorary Secretary
e) Lynsey Mallinson for the position of Publicity Officer
f) Ivo Le Maistre Smith as an additional officer on the committee
Any other nominations for any office must be made by written notice executed by two Members entitled to vote in general meetings as intention to propose and second the nominee for a named office. That notice should be countersigned by the nominee so as to show his or her willingness to be appointed for such office and must be delivered to the Honorary Secretary by 5 p.m on the 29th June 2017.
7. In accordance with 10.9 of the Constitution of the Association to consider the following proposal:
That the maximum grant be increased to £50,000 p.a. for eligible applicants with the proviso that any application in excess of £30,000 be subject to such additional conditions as the Committee shall determine from time to time in its absolute discretion.
An explanatory note is enclosed with this Notice.
8. To expel one member for non-payment of subscription
8.1 Tumaini Fund – 2 years non-payment of subscription
9. Any Other Business
· Your committee’s stewardship of the AJC - comments
To be followed at 7.30pm with a talk by Andrew Le Seelleur, MBE, chairman of Wetwheels, followed by Andrew Hind, CB, ex-chief executive of the England & Wales charity commission and consultant engaged to advise the Executive Committee and Members on implications for the AJC of the introduction of the Charities (Jersey) Law 2014.
A buffet to be served at 8.15pm
Dated this 16th day of June 2017