Workshops and Training
Find out what's going on and how to get involved
|Safeguarding Children||24.01.19||Tina Hesse|
|Safeguarding Children||14.03.19||Tina Hesse|
|Safeguarding Adults||28.03.19||Tina Hesse|
|Cyber Security||23.04.19||Alan MacPherson|
|Cyber Security||30.05.19||Alan MacPherson|
|Governance: What's a Voluntary Committee Meant to do||10.06.19||Jane Galloway|
|Governance: How to run my group, club or charity properly||11.06.19||Jane Galloway|
|Governance: Marketing my cause, venue or asset||12.06.19||Jane Galloway|
Thursday 11th July, 6.30pm - 8pm, St Paul’s Centre, St Helier
“Charities do not have to be large for it to be worth them starting a major giving programme.”
UK specialist fundraiser Ikhlaq Hussain will provide a masterclass to highlight the misconceptions around major donors to inspire small charities to unlock their real potential of major giving without having big teams and big budgets.
Plus! – Including up to date information provided by Kevin Lemasney, Director of High Value Residency at Locate Jersey, Ivo Le Maistre Smith, Deputy Chairman, AJC will set the local scene, and identify key differences between the UK and Jersey for those considering Major Donor Fundraising.
You will learn by the end of this class:
- Why do small charities fail to attract philanthropists?
- Does size of an organisation really matter in major gifts fundraising?
- What are the key motivations behind why major donors give?
- How do major donors choose a charity?
- Where and how can you find major donors?
- How to get ready for a major donor program
- Proven tips to get more meetings with major donors
- Conquering fear of Asking & dealing with rejections
- Six step formula to make a successful face to face Ask
- How ‘Thanking’ donors helps to land more major gifts
You will also have the opportunity to ask a seasoned major donor fundraiser your lingering questions.
Ikhlaq is head of major gifts at Orphans In Need in the UK. He teaches at the Institute of Fundraising and is a columnist for Third Sector Magazine. Ikhlaq featured in Fundraising Magazine's Top "25 under 35" fundraisers list for 2018.
Book your place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/major-donor-fundraising-masterclass-tickets-64305458357
N.B. The evening will begin at 6.30pm promptly.