How do we apply for a grant from the Association?
Members can apply for a grant under the following criteria.
All enquiries regarding grants must be directed to our Grants Officer, Charlotte Brambilla, on firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The applicant has been a member of the Association for at least six consecutive months prior to making the application (save that this requirement may be waived in circumstances of exceptional and manifest needat the discretion of the Executive Committee); and
2. The grant is to be applied (directly or indirectly) for the benefit of residents of Jersey or their family; and
3. The grant is to be applied to a charitable purpose; and
4. The applicant has displayed a sufficient need for such grant (see below for definition of need).
For the avoidance of doubt the Association defines a charitable purpose as one for (subject to change in 2018 under the Charities (Jersey) Law):
- The advancement of education;
- The advancement of religion;
- The relief of or research into ill health; or
- Any other purpose of benefit to the community not falling within the preceding heads.
Applications for grants will only be accepted where they meet the following conditions:
1. The application is received on or before the deadline date for submitting applications for the next meeting of the Committee (as publicised on the Association's website); and
2. The application form is (in the opinion of the Committee) properly completed; and
3. All papers in support of the application have been provided with the application in a form acceptable to the Committee on or before the deadline date. For the purchase of goods or services, 2 quotations are required up to a value of £9,999 and 3 quotes over £10,000.
4. We do not pay GST or VAT. VAT can be reclaimed on purchases from the UK at point of purchase. GST can be reclaimed from the taxes offices - see FAQ on this site.
5. Grant applications from members may be unsuccessful for a number of reasons. In such circumstances the AJC may be aware of another organisation which would consider the application. If you would like us to forward your application to them directly, you can authorise us to do so by signing the "consent" section of the application form. You will be notified after your application has been forwarded. If you do not want us to release your application to any other organisation, sign the "do not consent" section.
Furthermore, the Administrator must be in receipt of your annual subscription and Annual Return.
- Once the application has been submitted, it will be placed in the "Private Members Area" for viewing by Members only prior to the next meeting in order for Members to comment on the application
- After the next meeting of the committee at which your application is to be considered, you will be contacted by letter confirming the outcome. If unsuccessful, full reasons will be given
- If successful, payment will ordinarily be paid directly to the bank account of the Member charity on production of final invoices/statements/contracts etc - the Administrator will liaise with you on this point
- Acknowledgement of receipt of funds will be required
- We are bound by a Service Level Agreement with the Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture Department (EDTSC) to audit a percentage of grants awarded and may contact you in this respect
- A Post Project Completion Report must be supplied on completion of the project
- Grant recipients will need to acknowledge the source of funds both from the AJC and the States of Jersey Channel Islands lottery profits, where appropriate with logo:
- Download our information guide here
- Download the Jersey Charity Logo here
- Download the Channel Islands Lottery (Black) Logo here
- Download the Channel Islands Lottery (White) Logo here
- Download the Channel Islands Lottery (Blue) Logo here
- Download the Channel Islands Lottery (Gradient) Logo here
- Deadline dates and meeting dates can be found here. All necessary documentation must be with the administrator by the deadline date.
- Should you have any problems with this process pleasecontact the Administrator