- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from the Jersey Funders Group, Updated 28.07.20
- AJC June Grants Awarded 15.06.20
- Volunteer Support Available 11.06.20
- Charity Supplement 06.02.20
- Donation from the UK’s National Emergencies Trust will benefit local charities 22.02.20
- Ocorian Trustees make funds available to AJC for distribution to local charities 14.05.20
- Media Release Charities now able to apply to the co-funded payroll scheme 30.04.20
- The co-funded payroll scheme guidelines have been updated to include charities 30.04.20
- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from Jersey Funders Updated 28.04.20
- Donate to Your Favourite Charity 23.04.20
- Fundraising Events Cancelled 23.04.20
- Jersey Funders Group Media Release 23.04.20
- Coronavirus Jersey - Acts of Kindness Facebook Page 23.04.20
- Bailiff Launches COVID 19 Appeal Fund 02.04.20
- Unused Charity Resources 22.04.20
- Amazon Wish Lists for Charities 22.04.20
- Advertising Your Volunteer Roles 29.03.20
- Donate Your Co-op Dividend to Charity
- Jersey Charity Commission Website Statement - Charities & COVID 19 24.04.20
The co-funded payroll scheme guidelines have been updated to include charities 30.04.20
Co-funded payroll - The guidance has been updated and charities are specifically mentioned on p9 on the Guidelines. To be eligible for Phase 2 support, a business sole-trader or partner (in these eligible industries) and charities must have suffered a 30% loss in turnover (for a charity this will mean all income) during the month you are claiming for (April, May or June 2020) because of the disruption caused by Covid-19.
Please note, charities registered with the Jersey Charity Commission that do not fall into one of the eligible SICs, may now select ‘Miscellaneous’ and then ‘Registered with the Jersey Charity Commission’ when applying.
Employers are expected to pay 20% of wages. However, if they are unable to as they have no cash reserves to pay this, then they can still claim under the scheme subject to a declaration. The application process is being developed right now, ready to launch this Friday, 1st May.
If your charity still has an application pending with the charity commissioner, and would like to apply, proceed as above but then contact the 'connectme' hub on the coronavirus helpline number 445566, or email on email@example.com and explain the situation. See here for full details of the scheme: https://www.gov.je/news/2020/pages/phasetwopay.aspx
If you are having trouble applying, contact ‘connectme’ as above. If you need help with your cash flows, collating the financial information you need, contact ‘connectme’ and ask to be connected to a volunteer accounting specialist to help you.