Soroptomist International of Jersey
Membership Number: AJC16
Soroptimist International of Jersey was chartered on 9 December 1950. It is a service club for women, who join together to serve their local community and who raise awareness and fundraise on issues that effect women and girls worldwide.
The Club’s first achievement was the building of ‘Soroptimist House’ in the 1950s for elderly women of limited means. Soroptimists were also the drive behind Mont à l’Abbé School which opened in 1967, the Jersey Women’s Refuge, which opened in 1988, and the Carer’s Association, (JACI) established in 1994.
Every year the Club helps raise funds for the Poppy Appeal and Jersey Christmas Appeal. Our aim is to help ‘educate, enable and empower’ women and girls locally, nationally and internationally. Two of our members sit on the ‘Women in Politics’ Committee.
The Club meets once a month at The Monterey Hotel, St Saviour’s Road. New members will be made very welcome.