- AJC helps Parkinson's Jersey get back on it's feet. 24.09.20
- Grants Media Release 16.09.20
- Islanders encouraged to give local charities a boost this autumn
- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from the Jersey Funders Group, Updated 28.07.20
- AJC June Grants Awarded 15.06.20
- Volunteer Support Available 11.06.20
- Charity Supplement 06.02.20
- Donation from the UK’s National Emergencies Trust will benefit local charities 22.02.20
- Ocorian Trustees make funds available to AJC for distribution to local charities 14.05.20
- Media Release Charities now able to apply to the co-funded payroll scheme 30.04.20
- The co-funded payroll scheme guidelines have been updated to include charities 30.04.20
- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from Jersey Funders Updated 28.04.20
- Donate to Your Favourite Charity 23.04.20
- Fundraising Events Cancelled 23.04.20
- Jersey Funders Group Media Release 23.04.20
- Coronavirus Jersey - Acts of Kindness Facebook Page 23.04.20
- Bailiff Launches COVID 19 Appeal Fund 02.04.20
- Unused Charity Resources 22.04.20
- Amazon Wish Lists for Charities 22.04.20
- Advertising Your Volunteer Roles 29.03.20
- Donate Your Co-op Dividend to Charity
- Jersey Charity Commission Website Statement - Charities & COVID 19 24.04.20
Registered with the Jersey Charity Commission - Registered Charity Number 276
The Association of Jersey Charities is the representative body of the majority of charitable organisations operating in Jersey...
Presently the Association has 294 member charities and these range from branches of national charities to small local charities, clubs, societies and support groups. The membership is made up of Jersey charities and other charities registered as charities under the Charity (Jersey) Law 2014 on the basis the charity carries out substantial charity activities in or from within Jersey.
The Jersey Charities’ Law was passed in November 2014. The register opened in May 2018, and all charities wishing to receive tax exemption, and to continue to call themselves a charity must register by January 2019. You can view the commission website here.
The Association of Jersey Charities exists to provide guidance to and be a source of funding for its members. Jersey charities are welcome to apply to be members (CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW).
You will also be able to find out more about volunteering opportunities, how to donate to your favourite charity, visit our events diary page which lists charity events on the island and much much more!