The Association of Jersey Charities is the representative body of the majority of charitable organisations operating in Jersey.
Founded in 1971 the Association has 293 members. The membership is made up of Jersey charities and other charities registered as charities under the Charity (Jersey) Law 2014 on the basis the charity carries out substantial charity activities in or from within Jersey.
The Association is incorporated under the "Lois (1862 - 1963) sur les teneures en fideicommis et l'incorporation d'associations".
- Excellence - The Executive Committee expects every member to aspire to high standards of governance in order to attract public confidence and support
- Community - We work closely with members and are committed to acting as a community resource through the provision of advice and information
- Openness - We will be open in the conduct of our affairs, except where there is a need to respect confidentiality
- Local - We ensure that grants made to members are applied directly or indirectly for the benefit of residents of Jersey
Aims and objectives
- To encourage charitable and community work in Jersey and, in particular, to encourage co-operation and co-ordination of activities between members and prospective members, promote discussion and exchange of ideas regarding service to the community
- To administer the distribution to members of any funds available to the Association
- The Association also aims to work closely with members to increase public confidence in the integrity of charity
Client groups served
- Island charities who are members of the Association
- Prospective members
- Corporate sponsors
- Anyone who wishes to find out more about the work of the Assocation and its members
For the last 12 years the Association has recieved the Jersey share of the Channel Islands' Lottery profits from the Economic Development, Tourism, Sport and Culture, (EDTSC), together with other ad hoc donations, to distribute to its members.
From 2007, the EDTSC retained a portion of the profits as a contingency and this continued until 2012.
The following amounts were recieved from the EDTSC:
2017 - £1,399,097
2016 - £1,250,482
2015 - £453,996
2014 - £701,802
2013 - £401,702
2012 - £419,572
2011 - £423,699
2010 - £305,791
2009 - £445,414
2008 - £358,616
2007 - £325,764
2006 - £412,000
2005 - £262,000
The Patron of the Association is His Excellency Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Dalton GCB, LLD(Hon), DSc(Hon) BSc FRAeS CCMI