Jersey Asthma & Respiratory Society
Membership Number: AJC221 / Registered Charity Number: 266
The Jersey Asthma and Respiratory Society was formed in 1985 to provide support for adults and children in Jersey who suffer from asthma and other respiratory conditions. We are a small charity working hard to raise funds, and awareness of asthma and respiratory conditions, to be able to offer support in as many ways as possible. Monies received from grants, donations and fundraising events we hold are used to:-
- To promote Asthma awareness; to give support, advice and information to asthma sufferers and their families.
- Fund Asthma & Respiratory Information Mornings - a free clinic at the General Hospital every Saturday morning where adults and children can receive help and advice from trained nursing staff on a one to one basis about asthma or any respiratory condition.
- Allow members of nursing staff to attend training courses to enable them to improve their knowledge of respiratory conditions and the management and treatment thereof.
- Purchase many different items of equipment for children in Robin Ward and adults in the General Hospital who suffer from a wide range of respiratory conditions, for which demand continually increases.
- Help individual suffers either financially or with equipment
From Saturday 1st October 2016 these sessions will be held every Saturday morning from 9.00 till 12.00 at: Bon Sante Consulting Rooms, Suite 3.5, Third Floor, Lido Medical Centre, St. Saviour's Road (free parking and lift access)
The Asthma and Respiratory Information Morning is an opportunity for people of any age with asthma or respiratory problems to learn more about their condition on a one to one basis by talking to one of a team of qualified staff.
This is a free service funded by the Jersey Asthma & Respiratory Society supported by Health & Social Services
Appointments are not necessary but advisable to avoid delay in seeing one of the team. Tel: 444032 Monday to Friday
Any offers to join our society to help with fundraising or general committee work are always very welcome and much appreciated.
Le Val Cottage
La Route des Genets
t: 01534 499774 evenings
Chairperson: Elaine Maton
Make a Donation
If you would like to donate money to Jersey Asthma & Respiratory Society please select an amount below.
If you are a Jersey tax payer, and your donation is for £50 or more, you can claim an extra 25% for your chosen charity. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
All donations are anonymous and securely handled for The Association of Jersey Charities by Paypal. Please contact the administrator if you would like to inform the charity of your identity or if you have any additional questions.