La Pouquelaye Youth Project
Membership Number: AJC482 / Registered Charity Number: 268
The objectives of the Charity shall be to support the development of youth work opportunities for young people, to promote their personal and social development and enable them to have a voice which is heard in their local Parish and in Jersey. This will include provision of the following:
· A safe, warm, well equipped and accessible venue for young people to meet at times when they are needed, giving them the opportunity to participate in a broad youth work programme which meets their needs.
· Varied provision to include building based youth work at the La Pouquelaye Youth Project as well as detached and outreach youth work and residentials both on and off the island.
· Range of youth work opportunities to support young people’s personal and social development including art, music, drama, sport and outdoor activities to develop new skills, build self-confidence and explore issues that impact on their lives.
· Access to information and advice on a variety of issues that impact on their lives from trained and experienced youth workers who they trust and feel comfortable with, knowing they will be non-judgmental and supportive.
· Opportunity to be involved in developing their Youth Project through involvement in decision making and by completing an annual questionnaire to say what they think of youth service provision.
· Empowered to have a voice and to be heard on issues that they feel strongly about both by having representation on the Jersey Youth Assembly and through other creative methods of participation.
· Provide opportunities for young people to train as a Young Youth Worker Volunteer or a Peer Educator.
· Participate in recognized youth achievement programmes which offer accreditation for informal learning such as D. of E. Award, Prince’s Trust programmes, On 2 Wheels or the Youth Achievement Award.
Treasurer: David Scott
Make a Donation
If you would like to donate money to La Pouquelaye Youth Project please select an amount below.
If you are a Jersey tax payer, and your donation is for £50 or more, you can claim an extra 25% for your chosen charity. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
All donations are anonymous and securely handled for The Association of Jersey Charities by Paypal. Please contact the administrator if you would like to inform the charity of your identity or if you have any additional questions.