Jersey Hospice Care
Membership Number: AJC75 / Registered Charity Number: 030
Jersey Hospice Care is about choice. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, to die pain free, with dignity and in a place of their choosing. Our vision is that everybody in our community with a life-limiting condition should have access to the highest standard of palliative care, and that it should always be free and available to anybody who needs it, regardless of diagnosis. We deliver a multidisciplinary, holistic approach to the care of children, young people and adults with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions, working alongside existing service providers, providing a collaborative approach to patient care.
We recognise and respect that each person is unique and our individualised approach to care aims to help them to make the most of what time is left, and ultimately, to help each person live life to the full.
Jersey Hospice Care fulfils its purpose through its principal activity of providing palliative and supportive care to islanders through the following services:
- Adult in-patient palliative medical and nursing care in a twelve-bed unit;
- Adult outpatient palliative and supportive care (including therapies) in the King Centre (this service is currently suspended);
- Adult community nursing team that provides palliative care in the home, hospital and other community settings;
- Bereavement services for all Jersey residents including family support services; and
- Outreach services to Children and Young People (CYP) through a dedicated team offering support at home or in hospital, as well as providing one to one and group sessions in the King Centre.
All of these services are provided free of charge to patients and their loved ones in order to ensure that they are accessible for all and are provided where and when and for however long they are needed.
Fundraising volunteers are people happy to help out, as and when, with various events throughout the year.
Make a Donation
If you would like to donate money to Jersey Hospice Care please select an amount below.
If you are a Jersey tax payer, and your donation is for £50 or more, you can claim an extra 25% for your chosen charity. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
All donations are anonymous and securely handled for The Association of Jersey Charities by Paypal. Please contact the administrator if you would like to inform the charity of your identity or if you have any additional questions.