- It's Not all about Money!
- Lloyds Bank Foundation for the Channel Islands helps carers to recharge their batteries with a grant to Jersey Hospice Care
- Project Linus UK, Jersey Need a Volunteer
- Jersey Bat Group Needs Fundraising Officer
- AJC Launches New Grant Portal
- Jersey Heritage looking for Volunteer visitor hosts and site guides.
- Holiday Club Keyworkers Needed
- Vacancy with The YES Project
- Trustees Needed for British Heart Foundation
- Music in Action is looking for a Development & Operations Manager
- Part time paid position with Shopmobility.
- Riding for the Disabled Need Volunteers
- Donate Your Co-op Dividend to Charity
- Check out the Training Section of our Website
- Jersey Charity Commission website now live
Jersey Heritage looking for Volunteer visitor hosts and site guides.
If you have some time to spare, an interest in Jersey’s rich history and heritage and enjoy meeting people, then volunteering for Jersey Heritage could well suit you.
Whatever your experience, if you can give a regular weekly commitment of as little as half a day - e.g. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. - we'd love to hear from you.
You will work in a great environment and join a fantastic team of enthusiastic people.
As we look forward to a new season, with our sites re-opening on 18 March 2020, we need to recruit more visitor-facing volunteers to support our front of house team and enhance the experience of our sites:
• Visitor Host (AKA Welcome Host)
Brief Description of Duties:
A “meet and greet” role, supporting the paid front of house staff and enhancing the visitor experience. Hosts give visitors a warm welcome, help and information about all aspects of Jersey Heritage; Hosts assist with orientation, inform visitors about exhibitions and displays, Living History, on-site facilities, start times and meeting points for Guided Tours; Hosts inform visitors about other Jersey Heritage sites; inform locally-based visitors about the Jersey Heritage Membership scheme and inform visitors on holiday about the Jersey Heritage “4 for 3” Pass; Hosts promote Jersey’s unique heritage and culture.
Visitor Hosts welcome and assist visitors at Hamptonne, Jersey Museum, the Maritime Museum & Occupation Tapestry Gallery, Elizabeth Castle, La Hougue Bie and Mont Orgueil. At West Park ferry kiosk Visitor Hosts help and inform visitors queuing for ferry transport to Elizabeth Castle at high tide.
• Site Guide
Brief Description of Duties:
Giving an introductory Tour of approx. 45 minutes to one hour for visitors to Elizabeth Castle, Hamptonne, La Hougue Bie or Mont Orgueil - providing a background to the site, delivering historically factual information in a friendly, informal, interesting and entertaining way. Guides need to be adaptable as the size of groups of visitors can vary from two to twenty.
A guideline script will be provided and full training and support will be given.
For more information about volunteering with JH, see the “Join Us” section of our website https://www.jerseyheritage.org/volunteer where you can download a volunteer application form or contact the Volunteer Coordinator Julia Coutanche
Email email@example.com or Telephone (01534) 633342