- AJC welcomes partnership with Jersey Finance for 2021
- A compendium of philanthropy in Jersey
- AJC awards more than £230,000 in grants in March
- AJC launches Jersey Charity Awards in 50th Anniversary year
- The first 50th Anniversary Webinar
- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from the Jersey Funders Group, Updated 28.07.20
- Donation from the UK’s National Emergencies Trust will benefit local charities
- Ocorian Trustees make funds available to AJC for distribution to local charities
- Donate to Your Favourite Charity
- Amazon Wish Lists for Charities
- Free Online Safeguarding Training
- Donate Your Co-op Dividend to Charity
- It's Not all about Money!
The first 50th Anniversary Webinar
Moderated by Kevin Keen, chairman of the AJC, the webinar was broadcast live on Tuesday 23rd March, the date of the inaugural meeting of the AJC in 1971.
It included an introduction by Liz Le Poidevin, deputy chairman of the AJC, recounting the history of the AJC, with guests Daphne Minihane, MBE, DSG, and Kenneth Syvret, MBE.
The panellists were;
- Kerry Petulla of the Donna Annand Melanoma Charity: Kerry Petulla has been a volunteer for the Donna Annand Melanoma Charity, since 2011, having spent the last 8 years as Chairwoman. Kerry enjoys taking time away from her demanding day job to work the most fantastic group of volunteers and medical professionals and help raise awareness about the dangers of Melanoma and skin cancer in Jersey.
- Susie Campanella of the Jump in a Puddle for Cancer campaign: I am a Guernsey born lady, well travelled. Mother of two amazing children. I sea swim every day and love to stay fit and healthy. My Career history is within the media industry. TV, radio and print. Advertising, PR, & marketing. Currently I am Head of publications for GP. Editor of Gyone magazine. I am a charity fundraiser/ supporter. I am the co-founder of The Hub Guernsey which is now a hugely successful youth support network in collaboration with Guernsey Youth Commission. I am an ambassador of The Priaulx Premature Baby foundation and I recently launched Jumping in puddles for cancer to raise funds and awareness for cancer sufferers after losing many loved ones to this cruel disease.
- Beth Gallichan from the Jersey Fundraising Forum and Durrell: Fundraising in Jersey since 2005, Beth has qualified through the Chartered Institute of Fundraising. Gaining extensive training and experience through professional roles including Fundraising Manager, Marketing Manager, Volunteer & Community Manager. Beth is the current chair of Jersey Fundraising Forum and is driven and focused to support not for profit organisations, causes and cultural events. The aims of the forum are to collaborate and find solutions on issues, which all charities are facing in raising income, to deliver their services, as well as exploring new initiatives, especially in the digital space. Her current role as Fundraising manager at Durrell combines her skills and passion to focus on developing fundraising and guiding a motivated team to develop relationships and better connect people to nature and rewild our world.
The webinar can be viewed on our YouTube channel here