- 52 local charities get funding award as part of major AJC anniversary ‘50@50’ initiative
- AJC launches ‘50@50’ initiative to support member charities in anniversary year
- The second AJC 50th Anniversary Webinar
- A compendium of philanthropy in Jersey
- The first 50th Anniversary Webinar
- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from the Jersey Funders Group, Updated 28.07.20
- Donation from the UK’s National Emergencies Trust will benefit local charities
- Ocorian Trustees make funds available to AJC for distribution to local charities
- Donate to Your Favourite Charity
- Amazon Wish Lists for Charities
- Free Online Safeguarding Training
- Donate Your Co-op Dividend to Charity
AJC launches ‘50@50’ initiative to support member charities in anniversary year
The Association of Jersey Charities (AJC) is aiming to provide grant funding to 50 member charities as part of a new major £0.5 million initiative conceived to mark the organisation’s 50th anniversary this year.
The ‘50@50’ scheme was formally launched at the AJC’s AGM last week (8 July) and will see 50 separate grants of £10,000 each being made available to eligible members of the AJC.
The awards will be made to full members of the AJC that deliver services to the local community and which best demonstrate two of the key objectives which the AJC encourages:
- Expressing how they make a difference and how they measure that difference, in terms of Outcomes Based Accountability concepts
- Collaboration with charities, voluntary organisations and other agencies in their sector
In addition, applicants should also have undertaken one or more of the following over the past 18 months to reflect their commitment to innovation:
- Delivered exceptional community benefit, above and beyond their usual activities
- Supported stakeholders in an innovative way
- Adapted their service delivery and introduced lasting change
- Taken steps to improve the sustainability of their charity in the widest sense
The total award fund has been created from the accumulated gains on a private donation which the AJC received in 2009.
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2021, with successful applicants being announced in October. Further information and application forms can be found here: https://www.jerseycharities.org/.
Kevin Keen, Chairman, Association of Jersey Charities, said: “This is a major initiative for us forming a focal point of our 50th anniversary celebrations this year, which will see up to half a million pounds being pumped into the local charity sector.
“As well as giving us a chance to provide a much-needed injection to charities after a difficult period, we are also using this as a platform for charities to demonstrate how they are evidencing the significant impact they make, how they are collaborating with other organisations and how they are adapting in innovative ways. We are in a very fortunate position to be able to award these grants and look forward to receiving applications from the local charity community.”
Already this year as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations, the AJC has formed a partnership with Jersey Finance, launched a series of charity insight webinars and supported a new ‘Access to Nature’ initiative with Durrell, with a special 50th anniversary Charity Awards celebration taking place in September.