Jersey Charity Awards
The Jersey Charity Awards 2017 will be held on Sunday 17 September in the grounds of Govenment House. The ceremony will commence at 2pm and all entrants will be invited, although numbers may be limited depending on the number of entrants.
The Jersey Charity Awards 2015 were last held on Sunday 13 September in the grounds of Government House.
Following the success of the first event in 2011 it was decided that the Jersey Charity Awards would be held every other year.
The awards are open to any island charity, whether they operate within Jersey or overseas.
Applicants don’t have to be a member of the Association of Jersey Charities but they must be registered with the Jersey Financial Services Commission as a non-profit making organisation.
To apply, charities need to complete an application form detailing an initiative or project they’ve undertaken within the last twelve months of which they feel particularly proud, and the application form will be available on this site once the awards have been launched, 8 May 2017. The applications must be submitted in paper form by 5pm the 30th of June 2017. This year we are also asking for a jpeg of your logo or a photograph that sums up your organisation, which should be sent under separate cover to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some examples of achievements could be:
- Innovative web site development, or a rebrand that has significantly improved your marketing reach and uptake of services.
- Undertaking a change management process, or a restructuring of services that has allowed you to further develop and expand.
- Development of your volunteering infrastructure programme.
- Implementation of a budgeting system or process, devising an annual operational budget or cost savings through the use of volunteers or ‘gifts in kind’.
- Outstanding leadership demonstrated by a volunteer, or staff member, possibly even during a period of adversity.
- Development of your social media that has allowed you to reach a new target audience, increase donations and/or a different audience.
- Production of your first or most outstanding annual report.
Download the form as a pdf, complete it, save it, check it, print it, send it in!
There are three categories of entry - Small, Medium and Large, and to allow all entrants a fair chance, they will be categorised into 'Small', 'Medium' or 'Large' according to their relative size, taking account of total income, the number of employees and volunteers, and total hours worked.
- Small charity of the year
- Medium charity of the year
- Large charity of the year
£5,000 will be awarded to the winner of each category, £1,000 will be awared to the runner up of each category, and £500 to the charity in third place for each category as listed below:
The awards will be judged in 2017 by an independent panel of judges comprising Senator Paul Routier MBE; local businessman Kevin Keen; Arclight Solutions Ltd Senior Consultant Jane Galloway and Chairman of the Association of Jersey Charities, Liz Le Poidevin.
The judges will be looking for examples of excellence, together with ideas and leadership to inspire and from which others can learn.
The 2015 Jersey Charity Awards ceremony took place at 2.00pm on Sunday 13 September 2013 at Government House. All entrants were invited, free of charge and approximately 180 people attended. Afternoon tea was served and music was provided by Rising Voices.
The winners of the 2015 Awards were:
- After Breast Cancer Jersey - Small Charity of the Year
- Jersey Fostercarers Association - Medium Charity of the Year
- Les Amis - Large Charity of the Year
Full details of the passed events are available on the right hand side of this page.
Grateful thanks go to all those people, suppliers and organisations that helped to make it happen, plus special thanks go to Sir Stephen and Lady Anne Dalton for allowing us to hold the event in such a wonderful setting - the gardens of Government House.