- AJC helps Parkinson's Jersey get back on it's feet. 24.09.20
- Grants Media Release 16.09.20
- Islanders encouraged to give local charities a boost this autumn
- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from the Jersey Funders Group, Updated 28.07.20
- AJC June Grants Awarded 15.06.20
- Volunteer Support Available 11.06.20
- Charity Supplement 06.02.20
- Donation from the UK’s National Emergencies Trust will benefit local charities 22.02.20
- Ocorian Trustees make funds available to AJC for distribution to local charities 14.05.20
- Media Release Charities now able to apply to the co-funded payroll scheme 30.04.20
- The co-funded payroll scheme guidelines have been updated to include charities 30.04.20
- Information and Guidance for Jersey Charities from Jersey Funders Updated 28.04.20
- Donate to Your Favourite Charity 23.04.20
- Fundraising Events Cancelled 23.04.20
- Jersey Funders Group Media Release 23.04.20
- Coronavirus Jersey - Acts of Kindness Facebook Page 23.04.20
- Bailiff Launches COVID 19 Appeal Fund 02.04.20
- Unused Charity Resources 22.04.20
- Amazon Wish Lists for Charities 22.04.20
- Advertising Your Volunteer Roles 29.03.20
- Donate Your Co-op Dividend to Charity
- Jersey Charity Commission Website Statement - Charities & COVID 19 24.04.20
Grants Media Release 16.09.20
The Association of Jersey Charities (AJC) has awarded grants to a broad spectrum of local charities totaling £339,854 in the third quarter of 2020, including a confirmed £257,164 and a further £82,690 in principle.
That total was made up from funds from a number of sources, including profits from the Channel Islands Lottery, the AJC’s own funds from private donations, and funding from the National Emergencies Trust (NET).
Channel Islands Lottery grants were awarded to:
• Arthouse Jersey - £30,000 for a Community Producer
• Brighter Futures - £30,000 to support seven families and 30 children through various programmes
• Autism Jersey - £30,000 to support autism awareness training courses
• Jersey Hospice - £24,857 to install awnings to cover inpatients’ patios
• Jersey Employment Trust - £5,332 towards a delivery van for Acorn
Decisions on a further £82,690 of requests for Lottery funding have been deferred until later this month.
In addition, from private donations the AJC administers, it agreed to award £80,000 to three charities to support their recovery from the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The remaining funds in the AJC/NET combined Emergency Response Fund were also awarded, meaning that Fund is now closed. Recipients of those funds were:
• Jersey Recovery College - £2,500 for remote working equipment
• Liberate - £4,118 for mental health counsellors
• CrimeStoppers – £5,000 for a domestic violence media campaign
• Jersey Alzheimers - £7,224 for a media campaign and remote working costs
• Jersey Childcare Trust - £8,300 for additional uniforms and remote working costs
• Jersey Hospice - £12,333 for steam cleaning equipment
• Ace of Clubs – £15,000 for equipment
Finally, one award was made from the AJC’s Members’ Small Grants Fund:
• Jersey Search & Rescue - £2,500 for specialist clothing and equipment
Liz Le Poidevin, Chairman of the AJC, commented:
“We received grant applications for over £400,000 this quarter from 22 applicants, which is a clear reflection of the need there is from a range of charities for funding in what is an unprecedented and hugely challenging year.
“The fact that the Government of Jersey has now agreed to ask us to distribute the £374,000 remaining from the profits of the 2018 Channel Islands Lottery is welcome news and should see local charities through until the end of the year. However, the sector clearly needs significantly more funds for 2021 and beyond. It’s one of the reasons we launched our Charity Booster Appeal recently, whereby we are encouraging islanders to enjoy their Spend Local cards in local restaurants, cafes, businesses and shops but to consider also making a donation from their own funds to their favourite charity or our Appeal fund.”
The AJC grants committee will next meet in December, with a deadline for applications of 10 November. Further details about how to apply can be found on the AJC website, where full details of all grants awarded can be found.
Further information about the Charity Booster Appeal can be found at www.jerseycharities.org/boosterappeal.