Membership Number: AJC459
Liberate is the Channel Islands’ equality and diversity charity. We have branches in Jersey and Guernsey, serving islanders in both Bailiwicks.
Liberate’s mission is to support those who identify as part of a minority or visible minority group (“Minorities”) living in the Channel Islands by:
- providing safe and inclusive spaces for people to meet across the Channel Islands;
- educating and informing residents, organisations and governments of the Channel Islands on a range of minority issues;
- campaigning to reform policies and laws to ensure that Minorities can enjoy the same freedoms and rights as everyone else across the Channel Islands;
- questioning social attitudes and behaviours which discriminate against Minorities in the Channel Islands;
- working with government and other providers to ensure equal access to and equal quality of services, such as healthcare, housing and education, for Minorities across the Channel Islands;
- offering advice and help to residents and law enforcement agencies of the Channel Islands in tackling racism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and other hate crimes;
- ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in all that the Charity does and all those who the Charity’s work benefits;
· supporting the fight against HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections.
Make a Donation
If you would like to donate money to Liberate please select an amount below.
All donations are anonymous and securely handled for The Association of Jersey Charities by Paypal. Please contact the administrator if you would like to inform the charity of your identity or if you have any additional questions.